fbpx

Iran Threatens Strike on Strategic U.S. Base in Indian Ocean

Breitbart.com reports: “Senior Iranian officials are urging their own military commanders to strike a key U.S. military base in the Indian Ocean in an attempt to send a warning to President Donald Trump, the Telegraph reported.

On Sunday, the UK-based outlet cited a senior Iranian official who said top military leaders are considering a missile attack on Diego Garcia — a British-owned island hosting a major U.S. and UK air base — following the arrival of B-2 stealth bombers.

‘Top commanders are being urged to launch preemptive strikes on the island and its base if Trump’s threats have become more serious,’ the official said. He added that discussions escalated after satellite images confirmed the deployment of three B-2 Spirit bombers last week.

Known for their ability to evade air defenses and deliver nuclear or conventional payloads, the B-2s could be used in any future strikes against Iran’s underground nuclear facilities, according to Iranian state media cited by the Telegraph…”

View Original Article